Joseph6

Default Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400

heloo there, ok when i downloaded the lastest driver at Nvidia.com my start button letters look like carp like there all pixels like looking. i've tried looking for my right driver and i can't seem to find it! but when i go to windows update there is a update for my driver but when this happen is when i had the lastest driver but the one in windows update is the right one but when i download it, it fails to download i mean it stars but fails right after its installing. so please help me out

HI
    When you Downloaded driver from Nvidia, did you look at the link
    Driver installation hints see below

"Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers. from Nvidia
    Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

[Here] see driver installation hints first below
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_...ion_hints.html

When you say you downladed latest Driver, you then say you can't find it, i am not sure what you mean, did you find the correct driver at nvidia?

Regards Stoney

Joseph6

Default Gefroce2

yes i did i downloaded the lastest driver but my start button letter looks all pixel and looks like crap. i've been trying to search the driver that windows update has for me to download but i can't seem to find it! so please reply and i'll get back to you thanxs!

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Did you download the driver from Nvidia or from Microsoft's Update site. NEVER use third party udates from Microsoft.. Always go to the source.
    The best way to fix the problem is Click Start > Control Panel > System
    Choose Device manager (For XP Choose Hardware then Device manager)
    Under Display adapter double click on the graphic card listed, choose driver then Roll Back Driver.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.