Default Adobe files not opening!

Hello everyone,

I have to apologise in advance for knowing NOTHING about computers...

Anyways, I have a new computer, just got it a couple weeks back. Right now it just stopped opening Adobe files... the computer just freeezes and then file won't open. I have to restart my computer to get things going again, but I still haven't had any luck getting these files open. It worked just fine unitl a couple days back. Everything esle with the computer works just fine.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Could be a damaged file, go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel and uninstall Adobe Reader. Then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html and fill in the blanks to get the version you need and download. This is probably the easiest thing to do first, or you could do a restore to just before this started happening .. you may have to install anything that you have installed since the restore point though. Get back and let us know how it went or if you need further help.

Hi again!

Thanks for the tips... I should have thought of that But anyways, I tried uninstalling Reader then reinstalling it, and it still made my computer freeze.

Then I used the restore function to a date a couple weeks back when this problem wasn't happening, but my computer still freezes up!

Do you have any more suggestions as to what else I can try?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Do a search for acr*.tmp
    Delete any you find.
    Most will probably be in the Documents and Setting/User/Local Settings/Temp folder.
    You can safely delete everything in that folder at any time.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.