Noah Hanson

Default DVD Burning Question

Ok, i have a program that an inlaw sent me called DVD X Copy Gold or something like that. But i am not able to figure it out. For one it has no AutoExecute thing, so i have no clue how to install it. I have heard that it is the best thing to have for "backing up" dvds. I have alot of the new stuff icluding Spiderman 2, Day After Tomorrow and others. I wanna know what i need to do to get this to work :cry:

Osc
    Administrator Help2Go Administrator Osc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That company is going under, do to successful lawsuits by the MPAA.

Check out DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter if you want to make backups of your DVDs. This should ONLY be used for your own personal backups. Local laws apply, of course.
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    Oscar Sodani
    Help2Go Administrator
    4 ways to thank Help2Go

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I will assume you have a single layer DVD burner. That is will only burn on the 4.7Gig blanks (Newer burners can burn dual layer disks giving 8.7 gig)
    You have three choices.
    1. Copy the entire DVD and retain the original quality, menus and extras.
    2. Copy the main movie and retain the original quality.
    The best program for this is DVDFab. This program will automatically split the movie and copy it on two DVD's. The whole process is done in three clicks. This software is not free.

3. Compress the entire movie retaining menus and extras to fit on one DVD. A loss of quality is the price paid.
    4. Extract the main movie only and compress it to fit on one DV. No or minimal quality is lost.
    The ideal program for this is DVD Shrink and is done via the built in Authoring tool. It does not burn DVD's. Instead it prepared the files for other dvd burning software (e.g. Nero)

5. The last is a simple decrypter. It saves the files in the original quality with menus and extras for burning. These files may need authoring using another program.

Overall DVD Shrink wins as it is free, does the job and is flexible.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Noah Hanson

thanx for all the info seems dvd shrink is the way to go, thanx

Just added a dvd burner to my system. Thank you for the link to dvd shrink. Charlie