guest2

Default CD Burner software

I have been having a problem wth CD burner software. I had Roxio basic installed and it stopped working, I tried uninstalling, reinstalling and even using the fixes they offered on their website. I gave up and downloaded "Burn 4 Free" which worked easily the first time and now it will burn the CD then get stuck when it reached 100% and I can't play the CD. Is there any free burning software anyone reccomends or a way to fix this problem? I'm running Windows XP Pro on a dell inspiron 2650. Thanks~

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It depends on what you want to burn. If it's just a matter of copying files, XP has a built in program, all you have to do is open the R/W drive (after putting a blank CD in) and open the file where the data is stored click on the files and drag to the CD file. When you've finished, click on the left side where it says 'Write these files to CD'.

If you are looking for a program that makes audio disks, I'm not too sure on a free one, but one of the best programs out is Nero, you can download a trial version to see how you like it before handing out the $$. Go here http://www.nero.com/us/nero6-ultraedition.php . Roxio has been plagued with problems, it is an easy program to learn .. when and if it works.

You can get an OEM version of Roxio cd creator 6 very reasonable here.
    www.eagletronics.com
    Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If you use ANY third party burning software make sure XP's default built in burning facilities are disabled.
    As for software Nero rules. From there it is downhill.
    It is worth the $$$s.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.