Thread: progra~1.exe

pdw918

Default progra~1.exe

error message indicating missing file: progra~1.exe, computer messing up. Also, maxkernl.dll file missing. What can I do to repair?

Thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

maxkernl.dll is a Visioneer Scanner DLL. Go here http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/47/47403.htm and follow the instructions. Get back and let us know how it went.

pdw918

Default progra~1.exe

Hi Canuck and thanks! Most of your solution worked, however I am now getting an error message that says 'Paprport has casued an error in RPCRT4.DLL Paprtport will now close.' It closes before I can access the program. Do you know a fix for this? Thanks, Pam

First check to see if you have this file by doing a search. You should find it in C:\Windows\System. When you find it, add .old to the .dll, eg RPCRT4.DLL.OLD (remember this, just in case you have problems and have to change it back). Download as you did before and unzip the .dll from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...s.shtml?rpcrt4 it should go to C:\Windows\System for ME.

Hope this helps

Default progra~1.exe file missing

Hi again Canuck! Yes, I searched and found the dll file BUT it can't be accessed because my progra~1.exe file is missing! Is that file something I can download? Thanks Again. Pam

Hi Pam, two things I'd like to know. First do you have a Visioneer product (scannert etc) if so what is is and the model #? Second, do you use AOL? Please get back and I'll see what I (we) can find.

Most of the references to your 1.exe problem indicate the presence of spyware. Suggest you go here - http://www.help2go.com/article217.html
    run through the procedures and post a HiJack Log in the Spyware Forum.
    Steamwiz is the resident expert and will check over your Log and advise. Steam is usually online 8pm to midnight UK time. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default progra~1.exe missing

Canuck, I so appreciate your help. Yes, I have a Visioneer 7600 One Touch Scanner, and yes I use AOL. Any hope? Pam

Hi Gracie, I wasn't expecting a yes to both, however we can now deal with it. If you just had the Visioneer 7600 One Touch Scanner I would have said either reinstall the software & driver that came with it or download from their site. Or, if you had said you had AOL only I would have suggested that you had malware as the 1.exe could be that, if you didn't have AOL it could be a legit .exe from my research.

As the possibilities could now be both, I would suggest the first course of action would be to go with galena1's suggestion and rule out malware. If the problem still persists after you've gone through Highjackthis exercises we can take a look at drivers.

Please follow the link in galena1's post. If you post a Highjackthis, attach it to this thread and I can transfer it to our new Spyware Help forum. It's better to keep all this together so that Steamwiz (our guru on malware) can follow what's been done.

Hope this helps