Default TRACKMAN MARBLE MOUSE

Operating System: Window XP, Pentium 4, Dell

I was wondering if I could switch the regular mouse made by Microsoft (PS/2) because it hurts my wrist. I have the old mouse made by Logitech model: TrackMan Marble + ---- PS/2. 8O Do I need to download a driver for the trackman from Logitech? Or will WinXP automatic by itself? Any help would be great appreciated. Thank you.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It should work without a disk, through XP's plug & play feature .. you shouldn't need to do anything. The only thing you might need the disk for is if there was a program for a web wheel if you use it .. . It won't hurt to try. Let us know how it went.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Ii is always a good idea to keep drivers up to date so if you choose to install the Logitech mouse download and install the latest and hopefully greates.
    This rule apples to every periphial. Keep drivers up to date.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Works great

You were right. WinXP works great. Did not need to install or download at all. It detected automatically no problem. Thanks...

quote="Canuck"]It should work without a disk, through XP's plug & play feature .. you shouldn't need to do anything. The only thing you might need the disk for is if there was a program for a web wheel if you use it .. . It won't hurt to try. Let us know how it went.[/quote]

I am pleased to find another Marble Mouse lover!! I have used them since I mushed my right hand several years ago. Checking EBay, you will find USB models also. I haven't seen one in a store for quite some time. Like the very productive Microsoft Office Keyboard, the wonderful Marble Mouse seems to have been phased out
    A good horse, strong woman and my .30-.30 rifle. Not much more a man needs. (well, except a computer that is!!)