horacecambold

Default Touchpad Tapping driving me insane.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the "Tapping" option on my Panasonic CF27 Toughbook touchpad. I do not have access to the "Touchpad scroller" settings window and it's sending me round the bend as I keep on clicking on things by mistake whilst moving the pointer around.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

This laptop comes with a setup utility. Disabling the touchpad is done via this utility. Refer to your manual on how to use the utility. it should be on a seperate CD that came with the laptop.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

horacecambold

Default Thanks for that

I have read your reply with interest but I do not want to completely disable my touchpad only the ability to use it as a mouse button.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I don't think you can disable seperate action from the touchpad, only assign a different task to each button.
    One way of avoiding the accidental tapping is to make sure you have Windows set to use double clicks and the speed of those click set as fast as possible.
    I am not sure if this can be done through the setup utility or via Windows Mouse settings but the object is to set it so even an accidental double tap would not be fast enough to activate it.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.