Default Unable to Recover Active Desktop

After doing a hard boot because my computer froze up I am no longer able to recover my active desktop. When I click on the restore active desktop button the computer freezes again. I have tried resetting my display information and when I click on the pic I had as my background the computer freezes again. I have completed every scan known to man and nothing is found. I also have NIS and have scanned for viruses; nothing found. I have a program that keeps your computer clean and have scanned for bad files; nothing found. Any ideas as to why this happening? Appreciate any help on this...
    Thanks! :roll:

Windows ME has a built in restore feature. Have you tried restoring to a point before the problem. Not sure how to enter system restore in ME. Try clicking on HELP and typing SYSTEM RESTORE in box. That should tell you how to access it. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

In a way consider yourself lucky. One of the first things recommended to users is disable Active Desktop. Slows down sytems, has no real benifit and can increase the risk of outside attack.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.