Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PC WONT BOOT UP!...HELP =(

i have a problem starting my pc...it wont let me boot it...after i turn it on it says my brand's pc then it takes me to a black screen with a _ blinking....i cant even go to my bios...and when i do i get frozen....
    any help?
    i already went to my ram, hard drive....any help?....
    please....

Default More Info

i did a re seat on everything.....and now it dont give me a post....
    it stays frozen during a POST...any ideas what it can be?

Hi h4z_hgz

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Could be caused by several reasons. POST means "power on self test". As the name indicates this is the computer testing itself. Are the fans spinning? Can you hear error beep codes? Check out this basic troubleshooting guide first.

www.overclockers.com/tips1135/

If it still doesn't work please post again here using the "postreply" button at the foot of this thread and give more details of what computer build/software you have, what you see on screen and what you hear. Many generous contributors to this site are expert in many fields and someone will be able to give you more advice. However, the contributors are all over the world and therefore on different time zones. It may take a while for others to make suggestions here.

Very best of luck. Let us know what happens.

Default info

yes i do hear 3 beeps....but i did swap the ram and everything....
    ..it just gets frozen during in a post....i cant even get into my bios...
    any thing?...

Default one last thing

oh im sorry...and yes fans do spin

Check that your video card is seated properly. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

The 3 beeps are trying to tell you what is wrong. We need to now what BIOS is on the computer - such as AMI, Phoenix, Award, etc. Each company uses their own codes. If you can get to the BIOS screen or POST screen, even if frozen, it should say what kind of BIOS is on motherrboard. Also, the 3 beeps, is it just 3 beeps, or is there a pattern such as 1 long 2 short ? Have you made any recent changes to the computer hardware or software? Brand of computer, operating system, how much RAM, how big is the hard drive? This will all help in the diagnosis. Charlie

Default i got my bio version

yes its AMIBIOS HIFLEX Version 1.30
    i get 3 short beeps and after that it gets frozen on a black screen wit a blinking _

okay i dont know how....but i get only 1 beep which mean everything is working fine....after that i get a black screen with a blinking _
    anything i can do?...i cant get into my bios cuz it gets frozen....

This is from the manual for your BIOS. The problem is with the memory.

If the system beeps...

1, 2, or 3 times...

reseat the memory SIMMs or DIPs. If the system still beeps, replace the memory.

So, take out the memory and re-install. You might try it in a different slot (some motherboards are picky about which slot you use, some aren't). If that doesn't work, try new memory. check out www.crucial.com
    Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast