Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    raquel001

Default Digital cam photos

Hi all!

I only use my computer mostly for pics of my kids but since we cleaned out the old computer I dont know how to get the photos organized as I once did.

Before, I would just upload or dwnload (not sure) the pics from my digital cam and it would ask me where I wanted to put them........everything seemed to go perfectly.

Now, after I transfer them to my computer and try to open the pic, individually from my docs....its being opened by "L veiw".....i dont like the way the pics look......i dont know what i had before but is there sumthin missing here? sorry im not computer literate as you can see.
    i hope this was sumwhat understandable.
    thx and God bless

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Locate one of the pictures, rt click on it and select open with and select the program you prefer to view the pictures in. If the program is not listed, use the browse button and find the program (quite likely in C:\Program Files\). As far as sorting your pictures, there are free 'album' programs put out by companies like HP or freeware (your camera probably came with a program on the disc, in which case run the disc and download the program). You can make your own by creating files in My Pictures eg \My Pictures\Summer Holiday 2004 or \My Pictures\ Dad's 50th Birthday etc, so when you download from your camera you can select which file to put them in. Hope this is of some help.

Raquel001

Default Canuck, Ty....but...

Ty so much for taking the time to reply!
    Your info was very helpful........I now know how to open with a different program.

Since the computer has been cleaned, however, I dont have many programs in it so when I browse in program files, I don't have much to choose from.

let me try to explain.......before my computer was cleaned, when I opened up a pic (double clicking it) from its folder that I had already put it in, the picture would just open. I NEVER saw all these "tools" (highlight, affects, brightness, ect,) It would just show the picture on my screen??? Now my photo is being inserted in a picture creator of sum sort...

All i want is to be able to go to my pic folder, 1 click and it shows on the screen regular size, doubleclick a specific picture and have it open on my screen by "itself"...........I recall just having the option to zoom in/out but that was it.............Gosh I wish i knew how to explain it better. :?
    Now when I open it, it looks like animated???? And its being opened by a program?
    Any help is much appreciated!

Hi Raquel001, You've explained it very well, sorry I missed it first go round. Now you have the hang of rt click>Open with, now select Windows Picture and Fax, this is probably the one you are referring to. If so, after selecting it, check the box at the bottom 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file', if it doesn't give this option, chances are it will default to it whenever you click on a picture. Try it and get back to let us know if this solved your problem.

Raquel001

Hi again! I cant say enuff how grateful I am that you are replying & so quick too!

I dont have windows picture and fax as an option?

What do ya think?
    Thx~

Hi Raquel001, I've been assuming (which can be dangerous) that your operating system is Window XP. If so, Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is part of the XP package. Please let me know before we go any further. Thanks.

If you are using Windows 98, check your list of files to see if you have any that start with KODAK. I just did a fresh install of 98 on a computer, downloaded the critical updates and I have a Kodaklmg program that views pictures very nicely. Don't know exactly where it came from. If you don't have it, you can download an image viewer such as Irfanview for free at http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html (edited link)
    Charlie

Raquel001

Canuck, my apologies.........using windows 2000

Grim322, I went to the site but didnt find anything.
    (Looked for irfanview)?
    thx

Raquel001

Default PS:

PS: How do i get rid of "Lveiw" from opening up with my photos? It looks like it was a subsciption of sum sort...........assuming the person before me had it but now its getting annoying.

Bad link for irfanview. Try this
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html
    Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast