bro

Default Problem Starting up.

Hello. I am having problems starting up my computer. I have windows xp. It boots up normally until it gets to the screen that says Welcome. Then a User Environment window pops up. It says "windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system Detail - A required privilege is not held by the client." Then I can click ok or it can count down. Either way the screen goes away then my computer restarts. It never makes it to the Desktop.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Can you boot it in safe mode? If you can, check your user accounts. Charlie

bro

I tried it in safe mode. It goes to load my settings then reboots again.

I did some searching and came up with this link.
    http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...p/t-45240.html
    there are some links there that have possible solutions. Do you have the windows installation Cd and unlock code? You may need it to enter the recovery console so that you can edit the registry. Charlie

Hello bro

Grim's probably got the answers but, even though this may be too bizzare to suggest, I'll mention it anyway.

A computer could go round continually in a "restarting loop" if the +ve and -ve reset pins on your mobo have been shorted out. Sometimes used as a practical joke.

Has anyone taken your computer to bits, for example, to clean/repair it? As a prank they may have shorted out these pins or, perhaps, by accident.

Just a thought. If possible then a quick look at the mobo could sort it out.

Best of luck.

bro

No one has messed with the insided of my computer. I am trying to do what you suggested grim. But i need my admin password. I cant remember it so i am trying to find alternate ways to get it or change it. I have tried the linux boot disk one, and it didnt work.