Sumtinshort

Default How do I change color depth?

How do i change the color depth. I'm trying to run a program and a unsupported video window came on reading program that I was trying to run needs lots of colors, to change the color depth.

If anyone knows how I can do this, I'd appreciate it.

Sumthinshort

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I'm not too sure what you're trying to do, however if you rt click on a blank space on your desktop click on Properties>Settings Tab>you can select 'colour quality' and then go on to the Advanced buton .. here you should find various settings that your graphics card will let you do. Please get back and be more spacific if I've missed your question.

Sumthinshort

Default More info

Actually, I'm trying to use a program that uses a lot of colors. When I attempted to use it, I got that message above. Sounds as if my computer doesn't have enough color to support the program.
    Any ideas?

Take Care & thank you

Hi Sumthin - What operating system are you using?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Alisumthinshort

Hi Galena~~~Using windows 2000

Thx!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What graphics card do you have (make & model) and a bit more info on your pc may help .. RAM, Pentium ? etc. What is the name of the program?