Default Windows 98 Problem

Hi there,
    Ive just formatted and installed windows 98 se on my compuer i get a error message (conflict Io ports 378 2f8 3f8 floppy disks fail(40) i have never come across this before and any help would be greatly recieved.
    Amd k6 500
    256 ram
    10 gig hardrive
    windows 98 se
    Thankyou in advance.

Floppy disk fail(40). Check that the cable between your floppy and controller are correctly seated.
    The 2f8 and 3f8 refer to Com ports. You can go here - http://www.techadvice.com/tech/C/ComPort_TS.htm
    for a little more info on this.
    378 I believe refers to a driver, but not 100% sure about this.
    Can you get into Device Manager? If so is there anything witha yellow mark alongside? This may point you towards where the problem is.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Just bumping this up after editing.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thankyou for such a speedy responce i will read the link you have provided and get back to you.Thankyou.