Thread: Task Manager

Default Task Manager

Can someone tell me why all of a sudden I have a deformed task manager box. I am using XP. I only see the programs running. Before it went bad, I was able to view what processes and have 3 tabs on top. Now I have none and to close it I have to right click on a green cpu usage box. I wonder if anyone has seen this before. Thanks

Have you installed SP2? This may be the problem. It is causing many problems in many areas. If you have installed SP2 uninstall it or 'Restore' to before installation. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

HI take a look below scroll down to post #4 take a look at the
    Does your task manager look something like the attachment?
    HERE
    http://forums.devshed.com/t115609/sb...928ee1a8f.html

IF yes take a look HERE
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

so double-click on the grey area around the processes to toggle the tabs on and off.

Regards Stoney

Hi Stoney - Just beat me to it with the double-click. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

HI galena1
    But will it work, and Norwich still can't win a game, i better stop this before Basementgeek gives me a slap on the Wrist :roll:

Regards Stoney