Aaron1375

Default Computer won't download.

I don't know the cause, but for the last month my computer will not download anything. It seems that everytime I try to download anything from a yahoo messenger to a spy removal device nothing happens. Well something does happen a dialer shortcut appears called fethard_too appears...I erase it, it comes back so obviously I have picked something up that is attracting it. Anyone know of the source of this problem?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Suggest you take a look at this and follow directions. Post a Highjackthis log after you've gone through the steps if you can. If you're unable to download Highjackthis, see if you can download on another pc and save HJT to disk and then install on your pc. Run HJT and copy your log to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Suggest you take a look at this and follow directions. Post a Highjackthis log after you've gone through the steps if you can. If you're unable to download Highjackthis, see if you can download on another pc and save HJT to disk and then install on your pc. Run HJT and copy your log to this thread.
    I think Canuck meant to point you to this

http://www.help2go.com/postt9709.html

Please go to the link follow ALL procedures. This may help eliminate some or all of your problems.

Note – you will see reference to article217. You will need IE4 or higher to run the procedures set out in that article AND your ActiveX controls turned ON. This may be an issue when using XP/MS2003 programs as ActiveX controls could be switched OFF by default.

Remember to post a HijackThis log here after everything else is done.

Good luck.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Thanks oddjob, falling asleep at the wheel! 8O