XxEtrnlDeathXx

Default How do you delete....

I was wondering if you knew how to delete stored text files, I can't really explain what it is. But its kind of like cookies, but when I clear them all it still remains.

Its like if i go to www.google.com, and if I type in the letter "A" all the topics I searched with the letter A comes up, I was wondering if I can delete this.

To explain further, Say if I was researching A Blue Tiger.

By the time I write in Blue, I might had other subjects that had blue in it that shows up, this may include "Blue Merit, Blue Jays, Etc" how do you erase these saved things?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

In IE you go to Tools>Internet Options>Clear History .. you can set it on 0 if you want the history cleaned out when you shut down IE. Suggest you set it on 1 day, just in case you need to refer to a page again. If the page is worth revisiting save it in Favorites. While there, you could go to the Content tab>Auto Complete> clear the box for Web Addresses if you don't like the program to second guess where you're going.

Hi XxEtrnlDeathXx and Canuck

One more thought.

If you're using the Mozilla Firefox browser go to Tools>cookie manager then choose what you would like to do with your cookies from there (block, allow, permit, delete etc.).

Cheers.

Sounds like your talking about autocomplete. In internet Explorer it's:
    Tools>internet options>content>autocomplete>clear forms. Also uncheck the three boxes while here to prevent this happening in the future.

Other browsers have similar options look under edit>preferences>privacy in Mozzila for example.

EDIT: Sorry Canuck, just noticed you already basically said that above. Thats what I get for trying to speed read

XxEtrnlDeathX

Default Thanks

Thank you, it was the auto complete :P