Default problem with red eye reduction

Hi!! I recently bought a Sony Cybershot camera 5.1 megapixels and I love it but even with the red eye reduction on I still have red eye on most of my pictures even when I have the flash off. Any suggestions?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Either get the subject to turn their head slightly from the camera (don't aim directly at the face) and/or make sure they are not looking straight into a light source ie sun, lighting etc. Some people are more prone than others to red eye because the iris gets smaller and the retina of the eyes consequently gets bigger (this is where the blood vessels are), when the flash goes off or other light is effecting them.

Most photo programs have a touch up for getting rid of red eye. Hope this answers your question.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Digital photography seems to be far more sensitive to light.
    Also have noticed that the time between the anti red eye flash and primary flash is too long in many cameras. It only takes an iris a second or two to revert back.
    The best solution is to use one of the may stand alone Red Eye removal tools or one that comes with most Photo software.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.