Thread: spam

Default spam

I have had hundreds of emails in the last two days all saying 'Undeliverable mail' is anyone in the UK getting the same or am I being given special attention? cheers Jim.

Hi Jim

In accordance with your status you are being given special attention. At least from my point of view. Leads me to think what sites you've been visiting lately...........

I always get a few per week but not as many as you say. I just delete any returned undeliverables these days. If any of our clients start wondering why I'm not emailing them they'll soon be on the phone. Genuine undeliverables sort themselves out, I find.

Hope you get it fixed.

Thanks for the reply, I just got another 75 posted in an interval of PC use of twenty minutes :x cheers Jim

Could be one of two things. Either your machine has unwittingly became infected and is now acting as a "zombie" sending out email viruses to lots of other people. The undelivered mail replys you are getting are the result of the recipients anti-virus software or their ISP's protection stopping your "attacks" getting through and thus being bounced back to you. Update and scan to be sure your machine is clean.

OR

Someone elses machine is infected and sending out lots of emails spoofed as coming from you. Even though you are not the culprit the bounced emails will still come back to your address. The infected 3rd party will have your email address in their address book. Not much you can do if this is the case i'm afraid.

What a pain the only sites I have been on this last few nights is House insurance. car insurance and online gardening if I did a highjackthis file would that help?

It would'nt do any harm to let Steam give your Log the once over for any undesirables. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks Bob I just printed out the pre-posting brief Osc put down. I added all the links to 'My fav's' and will proceed with that and then ask steam for his help if I moved to say 'Incredimail do you think that might help?'

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Even just changing your e-mail address will do Jim (after you've done your HJT log), there's no need to change e-mail program if you don't want to.