Thread: backweblite

spookth

Default backweblite

My most recent running of spybot showed numerous entries from backweblite.I recently installed a webcam....would that account for that,and does anyone know what backweblite is?

Sorry to say it's a 'nasty'. Go here - http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/b/backweb_lite.asp
    for more details and how to remove it. If you have any problems get back here. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

It is a program that some manufactuers use to automatically download updates (and whatever else they want ) to your computer. If it just showed up after the web cam, it is probably associated with that. If you remove it, you may have problems with updates. You may be able to disable it from starting automatically with the MSCONFIG command, then enable it only when you want to check for updates. Charlie