Default I can't get into wesites like Hotmail, MSN, Microsoft

All the computers are networked at my job and recently, I have no bee able to get any hotmail account e-mails through Outlook from any computer. Then I tried to go through hotmail.com and it says "Cannot find site". Upon seeing that I tried to go to Microsoft support, but I cannot get in that web site either. What can I do? Could it be my firewall, although this didn't happen before? Help!

Hi bkbjo

You say this didn't happen "before". Before what exactly? Did you do something recently that might have caused this? As you are on WXP can you roll back your system using "system restore" to an earlier time when all was well? Warning here - if you do this you may well lose changes implimented back to the restore date. Best make a note of those changes as you may need to redo them again after the restore.

You mention this is in your work environment. Do you have someone "in house" who looks after all the IT issues in your ofice? Maybe your question would be better addressed to him/her.

As you can't get through to sites are you seeing error messages on screen? If so what are they?

Please give us more clues and we'll see what we can offer to help.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Have you installed SP2???
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

We don't have a comp tech at this time, so the responsiblitity falls on me, I know a little, but not enough.

When I try to enter certain sites the message I get is "The page cannot be displayed, cannot find server"

Could this be caused by a virus, even though I have Norton and scan with HouseCall.com occasionally?

I called HP (b/c this is an HP comp), they said, it's simple to fix but the warrantee is over.

I don't know about the system restore option, because it's in all the neworked computer.

I searched other forums and saw someone with a somewhat similar problem, and the reply talked about SP2, but when I tried to get into Microsoft.com I recieved the same message.

i know people experiencing the same problem and also at work.

Is everythig OK when you use home computer?

May be it is a corporate policy to block these sites? :roll:

Newbee IMHO