Default No Video Capture Device Detected

This is the error I get when I try to get the film off my DVC in the program Roxio DVD/CD burner. XP finds the hardware but it is not showing up in my computer. Help!!!!

Hi ginabops

Have you tried the manufacturer's website for updated drivers? If not Roxio's support site is here...........

www.roxio.com/en/support/index.jhtml

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. More ideas will follow if it doesn't resolve the problem.

Hi Ginabops - As Oddjob has said try the Roxio site. This one - http://rpp.roxio.com/drives/?page=supported_drives
    will tell you whether your drive is compatible, probably a good place to start. The Roxio Forums have some really clued up people. Roxios own Tech Support, unless it has improved, is less than wonderful, being very slow to respond, if they respond at all. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome