Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cannot startup new system/ blue screen crash

I just bought a Geforce 6800 video card and found out my Abit MOBO would not work since it was so old. So i bought all the new stuff to use the card, like a Soyo KT880 MOBO and AMD Xp 3200 CPU and a 600 wat power supply. Well i tried to start up the new comp with my old hard drives and dvd r's. It starts up normally then gives me a black screen with options to start in safe mode and etc. Well when you pick safe mode or whatever it goes to the Windows XP loading screen then crases to blue screen thats says.

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

***STOP: 0x0000007b (0xF7c79528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I tried using a older graphics card but that does not even show anything on the screen.I cannot load or read anything through the cd roms to reinstall windows or anything.

Ox.....7b is 'inaccessible boot device'
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Ox.....7b is 'inaccessible boot device'
    Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware typically causes stop 0x7B errors. Stop 0x7B errors could also indicate possible virus infection.
    Have you installed all the new drivers?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

no i cannot even get into windows to update any drivers, someone said i need to format the hard drives but i cannot to get the drive to format them. I tried sticking my XP cd in but it will not load it before it crashes. I tried making my CD rom first in all the BIOS set up lists but still no good.

XP will not boot with the new mobo because the drivers and other info are for the old mobo. Take out any unnecessary cards, sound, network, etc. Enter your BIOS and configure to boot from CD first. Put in your XP cd and start. It shouldn't go to the blue screen since the cd will kick in before XP. Start like you are going to do a new setup (you don't want the RECOVERY CONSOLE). The next screen should give you the option to hit R for a repair installation. It will reload the operating system, but leave your files and settings alone. Once it comes up, you should be able to load the drivers for your new board. Reinstall the cards and the drivers for them (some may auto install). You will need to redownload all windows updates and you must have a valid unlock code for the installation disk. Charlie

I have 4 options on Boot Config Setup at BIOS. Boot Device Priority, Hard Disk Drives, Removable Drives. FOr Boot Device Prioty it is SCSI Card and 1st FLoppy DRIVE.

Hard Disk Drives its SCSI card, HDD: PS-wdc wd400bb, HDD: PM-MAxtor 9614

Removable Drives 1st Floppy drive

these are in the order that they are on screen, if they right correct to run from cdrom, then it still does not start the XP disk

Go to the boot proority setting. Highlite the first boot option and hit enter. See if that opens a box with other options. If you don't have the option to boot from cd (unusual for newer mobo) you may need to get your hands on a windows 98 start up floppy that will boot from floppy then transfer control to the cd drive. Charlie

i made a floppy boot disk and it sits there asking for commands at the prompt screen. whjat should i tpye?

but the other boot disk i had that was ME gave me a couple options like boot with CD support and no support, help and minimal boot. The cd support option did not work it said it did not have the right drivers

I checked the manual for your mobo, it said the cd drive would not show up in boot sequence if it wasn't connected. make sure that your connections to the drive are good and that the jumper settings are right. If you have 2 cd drives, you may want to disconnect the slave drive until you get things up and running. If you can get it to boot from the xp disk, it will load all necessary drivers. This link connects to microsoft's info on downloading a set of XP start up floppy disks.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994
    Charlie
    I'm not sure if these disks will let you do a repair installation. If you don't get the repair option, it will do a new install and erase your old data.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast