Thread: Mozilla Firefox

Default Mozilla Firefox

Following a suggestion from
    whoozhe
    Help2Go Moderator
    I've downloaded this.
    Is everyone using it instead of IE? Any problems using it?

Member Help2Go Moderator

i'm not using it..don't get me wrong, it's an ok piece of software but not my cup of tea. Also, now that firefox is becoming more of a hit you should see how many exploits have been found.

Partieā„¢

All software has flaws and unfortunately there are always going to be folks online that will seek to exploit these flaws. Some argue that internet explorer is more of a target simply because it has a much larger user base than other browsers. For what it is worth I along with others I know (friends, colleagues etc) use Mozilla and have found there to be less problems compared to internet explorer. Maybe that will change as more people start to use Mozilla, I don't know to be honest. The bottom line is which ever browser you decide on you need to make sure you have other protection in place too. i.e a good anti virus program and a good hardware or software firewall.

Default Firefox

I too have just started to use Firefox. My problem with it, is when I go to it, I only got a google search screen. I substitued the Netscape screen. Now I don't know if I am truly running Firefox or Netscape. It looks different than Netscape. I don't know how to set up Firefox the way that I had set up Netscape. All those many options about cookies and content etc.

Usually the name of the browser you're using appears in the window title, for example mine reads 'Help2Go - Mozilla' as I use the Mozilla browser.

You can change your homepage by clicking Edit > Preferences > Navigator
    Fill in the address of whatever website you wish your browser to go to when you first open it.
    Click 'OK' and away you go !

Default Thanks

Thanks
    Alex

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Firefox is configurable and because it is open source you can even get hold of all the code.
    In firefox look in Bookmarks and choose Manage Bookmarks. Look for the Personal Toolbar Folder, right click on it and choose Manage Folder. You can add google's url or any url there and it will appear on the toolbar
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Thanks Again

Thank You