Thread: VOB Files

Dan22

Default VOB Files

I have used DVD X Copy Platnium to copy my DVD's. When the copy is finished the file are in VOB, Info and one other type of file. These will not play on a DVD player. How do I get a copy of a DVD that is exactly the same as the original. And is there any one software that will do this?

I have Nero 6 on my computer which seems to work fine when used with DVD Shrink first. DVD Shrink is a free download that decodes the DVD, saves it to your harddrive, then Nero burns it to DVD. DVD Shrink probably will work with other burning software as well. It can be downloaded here
    http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...ink32setup.zip

Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Try DVDFab.
    It makes an exact duplicate of an entire DVD. You have a choice to split the full DVD over two single layer of dual layer disks or shrink it to fit on one. You can also eliminate extras. All this one one action. Downside is it is not free.
    DVD shrink does similar but you need to use a DVD burning application.
    DVD shrink will rip a DVD, back it up or allow you to extract (Author) the movie and back it up on it;s own. Again you can shrik the movie to fit on a sing disk. The downside is it requires several steps and a seperate burning application such as Nero.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Re: VOB Files

Quote Originally Posted by Dan22
    When the copy is finished the file are in VOB, Info and one other type of file. These will not play on a DVD player. How do I get a copy of a DVD that is exactly the same as the original. And is there any one software that will do this?
    The files created are an exact replication of your DVD, you need to burn them in Nero. Click New Compilication > DVD > DVD Video > New. From the left pane click on Video_TS. Dump all of the files you generated into the Video_TS folder. These will include all .vob, .bup and .ifo files. Then just burn it. Of course you will need the Nero DVD Plugin, if you don't have it already.