WPL

Default sloooowwwwwww connection

hello everybody!
    i am having an interesting problem perhaps someone here knows a little about computers :lol:
    anyways....
    ive been using three dell dimensions for online use through a dsl connection. i am using a linksys 8 port workgroup hub for the connection....but that info may be extraneous to my problem. the more stable of the three dells has an unusually slow connection all the time....even when the other two connected dells are idle, and i have no idea why. i have no viruses or spyware to my knowledge and run scans/disk cleanup regularly....i am using mozilla firefox 1.0 as a browser. i dont know where to start but before posting a log in the spyware section i thought maybe there is something else i could try? thanks for anything you could suggest...i will provide more info if needed.
    thanks and have a good thanksgiving
    chris

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Need to know how your network is set up
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default possabilitys

1.spyware post HJT log
    2.over time you share computers you will get slower and slower internet
    maybe......
    3.a bottle neck look at all theose possabilitys
    so long>>>>>

thanks guys, sorry about the delayed response.
    the pcs arent networked, they are just sharing a dsl connection via a linksys 8 port workgroup hub....i just cant understand why the newest of the three pcs is slowest online, but performs offline functions much faster than the others..... ill post a log in the spyware section next. thanks everyone
    chris