to

Default minidisc center won't open

windows xp user. i have a sound blaster audigy sound card. it came with a "minidisc center" program to use with my minidisc player...but whenever i try to open the minidisc center this messege comes up (failed to initialize album server. the file ALBUMSVR.DLL may be missing or an incorrect version. please reinstall minidisc center and try again.) the support at creative sent me the same solution as they allways do..cleansweep and reinstall...but that hasn't worked several times, the same messege comes up. you guys have allways been smarter than creative's support team, and now i'm sorry to have to ask you to do their work. hope you can help. to

Hi to - Give this a whirl. Set a Restore point first.
    The above error usually occurs because before the system can shutdown, the file devldr has to shutdown the sound card software first.

To resolve the error message, try moving the file to the Windows Startup folder. Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder, and copy the file DEVLDR32.exe to C:\document and settings\all users\startmenu\programs\startup folder. Once the file is copied, rename the DEVLDR32.exe file in the C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 folder to DEVLDR32.old.

Restart the computer.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

to

Default mini disc center still won't work

thanks for the reply. i did as you suggested however it went down a little differently than you described. DEVLDR32.exe was contained in c:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\driver.cab and not in c:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 as you suggested. however, i had the option to copy or extract the file to the location you suggested, both these options seemed to do the same thing. problem was, i could not rename the file to DEVLDR32.old. in its original location..nor could i delete it or anything besides copy or extract (i thought extract would move the file to the new folder, but it also remained in the old folder), so now the same DEVLDR32.exe exists in both places. after restarting computer, original minidisc center problem remains. hope there's something i can do, thanks for your continued interest. to

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The problem relates to the version of Playcenter you have.
    Go to http://www.creative.com/support/
    Add your region in the Knowledge Base window and go there.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and search for playcenter.
    Download the latest version of playcenter and install it.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

to

i did as you suggested and did some long overdue updates of all my creative software and drivers. this fixed a few other problems got stuff working well...however the same mess. comes up when i try to open minidisc center.. i'll give up soon if this becomes pointless for you, thanks so far.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

It might be worth while updating your CD drive's firmwear as well.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.