Default help stop me from useing my computer for target practice

hi,
    well if you can help that would be greatly aprecated
    i have a compaq armada m700 i use windows xp pro i have a intel pro/100+ mini PCI my comp sayes i have problem and sayes to access my BIOS<????> it sayes i have a plug and play problem i have tryed the old look for drivers and see what happens any way if you can help thank you

Hi Opti - Are you having any problems running anything in particular?
    Have you installed any new hardware/software lately?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default no

no i have not and it is only a problem when i have a DSL or LAN conection so its not a problem all the time but it would be nice to have the fix
    any way thinks for your time

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

What is the full error message?
    The most porbable reason for suggesting the BIOS may mean the settings have either been lost of currupted or a Plug and Play device you have installed is faulty.
    Try disconnecting any device such as printers etc and tremove any non essential card from the motherboard including the LAN card if you have one.
    If the problem goes away add one device at a time until you idntify the faulty one.
    If the problem still arrises than you may have a damaged motherbaord.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.