Default cannot load lxsupmon.dll

I have seen this so many times but can't seem to find answers to help me. I have been getting this error for about 6 months only when I first boot up. My Lexmark printer is a little slow in communication but that is the only change I have seen until yesterday. I downloaded a PDF writer. The software works basically as a printer driver but I cannot get my machine to recognize the driver at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software a couple of times and my Lexmark printer driver. Can someone please help me.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try uninstalling and reinstalling in Safe Mode. If that fails, get back to us, perhaps downloading the .dll may help.

Did this PDF writer install a "phantom" printer ? I use a program called "Cute PDF Writer" It is strictly for making PDF Files, not printing them.

Cheers

I don't know how to get to Safe Mode. Sorry

I didn't explain myself correctly. The writer does create a phantom printer and CONVERTS files to PDF not prints. You are correct. I guess you are aware that the way it works is when I select Print it appears as an option for a printer and does the conversion that way.

Anyway, the program shows up in My Programs but the printer driver cannot be found when I print. If I right click on the file and try to Convert to PDF the program I am in stops responding.

Tried CutePDF and am experiencing same problems. What to do?

To start in 'Safe Mode'. Go to Start>Help and Support. Type 'Safe Mode' in Search and click green arrow. Click on 'Start Windows in Safe Mode'. This will bring up the instructions. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

A PDF printer driver does not actually print. What is does is saves the file in a PDF format so it can be loaded and printed using Adabe Acrobat PDF reader which can be downloaded free from www.adaobe.com.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.