Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    franticcanadian

Default problem with my lg cd writer please help me

I have a CD-RW GCE-8525B cd writer, i have a real problem, windows xp is not installing the driver (which shoulb be integraded in windows) proper. So the system recognize that there is my GCE-8525B cd writer, but it doesnt install the driver (so its useless). I downloaded a driver update and installed it, but it dindt work out either. i tried to find a full version of the driver, but i dont know if a new driver is the right solution. so how can i make my damn cd writer work. please somebody help me?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Go to this page and enter the applicable info to get to the New firmware (ver. 1.04) for only GCE-8526B(52X CD-RW Drive)http://www.lge.com/support/software_gcsc.jsp then download the zip file and open it .. follow the instructions and it should automatically update.

franticcandian

Default problenms with lg CD-RW GCE-8525B

tx for the tip, i downloaded the driver(GCE-8526B) but it said it didnt match my hardware the system said so i downloaded the GCE-8525B and started the upgrade but it dindt work out, it is still not working. my cd-rw is listed in my hardware list , but it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
    so i have now idea how to solve it. i am going crazy here, so please i need help.
    thx

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Go to their online support link http://www.lge.com/support/gcscWrite.jsp and let them know your problem, they should be able to explain why they don't have a working driver or may give you a work around solution.

Another thought occurs to me, did this writer come with the pc or an add on. What is you pc make & model? My thinking is that it may be an OEM writer which is only supported by the company you bought the pc from and not LG.

franticcanadian

thx, ill talk to lg. the writer is an add hardware i added it to my hp computer, but it worked soem weeks (i have nerver tried to burn a cd) but he read them at least. but thanks anyways

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If the drve came with the HP system you need the drivers and firmwear from HP. Do not use drivers from the drive manufacturer's site unless instructed by HP.
    The reason is HP use modified components.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

franticcanadian

no the drive didnt came with the hp system, i changed it and added a HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8525B , but it worked at the beginnig, so i have no idea what this is all about.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Uninstall any software and remover the drive. Reboot.
    Replace the drive and do exactly what you did when you first installed it.
    Oh when updating firmware the drive MUST be set as a master and MUST be allocated Drive D
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

franticcanadian

okj what does the last sentence mean exactly, i reinstalled the drive again (through device manager but it did work out)

nader

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by franticcanadian
    okj what does the last sentence mean exactly, i reinstalled the drive again (through device manager but it did work out)
    I have same problem. Could please let me know what should I do,if you solved the problem?

Tnx a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast