Default No Help & Support in Windows XP Home SP2

I have lost all my Help & Support menus. There is just a flicker of the hour glass then no response. I found an similiar issue logged in the past on this site. I also used Easycleaner just before the problem started. The recommended solution was a fix from site (dougcox.com?) This fix did not work for me. Any other ideas?

Anita

Hallo Anita - Welcome to H2G. A lot of people are having problems with SP2, others no problem at all. I haven't installed SP2 and have no intention of until it improves. I suggest you uninstall it, or 'Restore' back to before it was installed, and see how things are then.Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

The problem has started only recently (well after SP2) but not long after running Easycleaner. Are you saying that that fix won't work with SP2?

Overall I have had little issue with SP2 - my issues either predate or are well after installation

Hallo again - Two options. You can 'Restore' to pre Easycleaner, or you can go here - http://www.help2go.com/article217.html - follow the instructions and post a HiJack Log at the end of this thread. A moderator may then move it to the Spyware Forum. Steamwiz will check over your Log. He is usually on-line 8pm to midnight UK time. 'Restore' is obviously the quickest/easiest solution, which you may like to try first. If you are still ahving problems you can do as I suggested above and post a HiJack Log. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks - I think I'll follow your link and instructions. This is just one of a number of glitches we are experiencing including problems with shutting down, speed issues, etc. Most of these happened before I installed SP2 but I doubt it is a coincidence. We run Adaware, Spybot, Nortons but nothing has been found.