Default Problem with LSASS.EXE

I have a machine that will, out of nowhere give me the error message "The system process C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LSASS.EXE terminated unexpectedly with status code 1073741819. The system will shut down and restart". I have restored the machine back to a clean Hijack this log. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Check to se if KB835732 was NOT installed. And check this article out:
    http://techzonez.com/comments.php?i...hlight=KB835732

Then downloaded the KB835732 patch from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/s...404_windows.asp

But wait If you dont have SP1 installed on this PC..redownload the KB83572 Patch for the NON SP1 Version of Windows XP (there are many patches on that site, make sure you get the correct one).

Finally after installing KB83572, This might fix the problem.
    Or If your infected and you dont have the ms patch...turn on xp firewall or dont allow any outbound traffic. Also this is only infecting NTFS os's (win2k, xp, win2k3)turning on the firewall will allow you to stay online long enough to download the patch. here is the files on our pub ftp

ftp.mitchell.com/outgoing/ then download sasser.zip

I'm pretty sure that a firewall would prevent this... with aggressive settings.
    Compaq,Windows XP,Internet Explorer,version 6.0.29, 128-bit,Outlook Express,version 6.00.29.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You may have a trojan.
    Look to see if you can find isass. It will have a Capitol i so will appear to be Isass which is very similar too the legit file Lsass which uses a small caps L (lsass)
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks for the information. Downloaded the patch and it appears to be working.

I knew I could get some good help here!!!!

Thanks again

Default Happy to help

HI,

I was happy to help you. I like this site its the best site. I'm happy i found it. I learned alot from this site and im happy to help anyone i can. Have a nice day. Bye
    Compaq,Windows XP,Internet Explorer,version 6.0.29, 128-bit,Outlook Express,version 6.00.29.