Default Copy Message Box Text

Maybe the following is widely known, but I just recently learned about it, so I thought it may be worth posting.

The text of Windows Message Boxes can be copied. Which can really come in handy at times (when it has picket fence of letters and numbers as it's ID).

Starting with Windows 2000, a shortcut was added to the message box code to look for the copy operation. So, if you press CTRL+C, the text of the message will be copied to the clipboard.

For Win 98 users (7 or 8 % of us on the internet still use it,I understand)

there is a handy little program aptly named "Copy Message Box Text"
    It runs in the tray and you can set hot-keys to activate the copying of the text box message.
    Download Link

The page I obtained the above link from is at:

http://ricerca.biar.org/subcat.asp?idsc=36
    Which is in Italian (I think) and I couldn't find a link to it's homepage...the program's interface is in English. No install and very small ( download is a zip file - 89kb)
    I've used it for a while and it works fine with no problems.

Some of the machines at my work still run 98. If I ever need to copy anything like that I use print screen and then paste into a word document. Bit messy but it works and no additional program needed.

Default Yeah, but

Granted you can do that, but you can't paste an image into a text box (like when you want to search an error message online for instance)
    With "Copy Message Box Text", you can.
    Perhaps your eyes and hands have no problem transferring what you see in a picture to text box,but some of us older newbies aren't so keen sighted and nimble fingered.

lol....not at all. You make a good point. I will remember your little trick the next time I need to research an error message online