Thread: Video Card

JosephcT

Default Video Card

Will a XFX Nvidia Geforce 5200 DDR MB Do good for me? Im upgrading to that card from a 32MB SDRAM Geforce2! By the way the 32MB geforce 2 its a AGP 4X, the 5200 is a 8X/4X!

Default hey

hi,

The GeForce FX 5200 is very aptly labeled as the value chip for the mass market. Manufacturers are adopting various methods to give the FX 5200 a shot in the arm. Increasing the memory from 128 MB to 256 MB DDR is certainly one of the ways to beef up the offer. Keeping the practical implementation and core performance aside, the additional 128 MB DDR RAM does make the FX 5200 look more impressive.

We have reviewed a couple of FX-based cards from XFX and the picture painted by them is a blurry one. In an attempt to reduce costs, XFX has consistently hampered the memory bandwidth and ignored the dip in performance caused by it. And it is but obvious that lowering the memory clock speed does not do justice to the GPU.

tell me if this helps u. thanks and have a good day. Bye
    Compaq,Windows XP,Internet Explorer,version 6.0.29, 128-bit,Outlook Express,version 6.00.29.

JosephcT

Default Video Card

I was just wrounding if it would run good on my system! o and i forgot my friend built my computer! and his the one giving me the card!

JosephcT

Default Video Card

The Reasen im asking this is because i play THQ's Game Dawn Of WAR! Witch runs pretty good with only 1v1 match! it lags when there alot of shooting and action going on! ok....

Default hey

I would think it would work good on your system. And if your friend is the one who is giving it to you and who built the computer i think he would know if it wasn't good for you system. But i doubt it wont work good. And by the way you didn't thank me yet .
    Compaq,Windows XP,Internet Explorer,version 6.0.29, 128-bit,Outlook Express,version 6.00.29.

JosephcT

Default Video Card

lol ok... thx's... the guy is coming sunday to put it in my PC i'll test the card out and see if it does improve!!! his paying $60... not bad for the prive of card hehehehe thx... :wink:

JosephcT

Default Bios!

ok i got a new video card! and it seems to not work with my bios on my motherboard! should i Update my Bios i have the file!

My Bios! Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

The graphics card is 128MB 8X/4X
    My support APG only 4X!

Will this mess my my computer by updating bios!
    And please tell me how to update my bios!
    Who ever helps! THX

hi,

Update your BIOS for sure!
    A BIOS update (which is the programming that runs the computer before Windows starts) will sometimes help with making a system more efficient.
    Learn more about that here:

http://www.cyberwalker.com/columns/oct00/121000.html

It is always good to keep your BIOS version updated as it will improve compatibility with new hardware. However, some BIOS updates also have additional features for use with your motherboards. If you enjoy current BIOS version we are recommends that you do keep your BIOS to the current version. I doubt it would mess up your computer if you did it right. I always keep my BIOS version updated.

STEP1. Download the appropriate BIOS file and AMI/Award Flash BIOS Utility
    On the web page These files are normally in compressed format (eg.
    ZIP).
    STEP2. Prepare a bootable floppy diskette.
    STEP3. Unzip and copy the files to boot diskette.
    Decompress the file to get the BIOS files and the Flash upgrade
    tool
    STEP4. Reboot the system with the diskette made in STEP 3
    STEP5. Running AMI or Award flash utility with BIOS file name (including the
    extension).
    A:>aminf339 xxxxxx.rom or awd830 xxxxxx.bin
    If you encounter the error message
    "The program file's part number does not match with your system"
    during flashing Award BIOS, please type extra command "/f" after bin file

STEP7. Reboot the system.
    STEP8. Enter the CMOS again, setup your system configuration and loading "Optimal Default
    Dont forget to say thanks!