Default Illegal operations

Hi, lately I have been getting the message illegal operation for explorer, my pc has been running so slow lately, I have done spybot, adaware, checked for viruses, defragged, hijack this and everything, don't know what else I can do...also, how do I get rid of some of the things I don't use in the taskbar??? where do I go to disable them???? any help as usual would be greatly appreciated....thanks a bunch!!!!

dentalgal :

No need to shout. Exactly what error message are you getting ?

Velocity:

If you have a question for the poster, use the reply button not a "Shout-out" Shout Outs can dissapear in the matter of a couple hours.

Cheers

Hi again, how did I shout???...velocity my pc is a windows 98 pent 3 56K
    the message I was getting with explorer was this....

explorer illegal operation caused a invalid page fault in module at
    registers
    EAX=CS=EIP=EFLGS=
    EBX=SS=ESP=EBP=
    ECX=DS=ESI=FS=
    EDX=ES=EDI=GS=
    Bytes atcs:EIP:

Hope I copied that down right for you thanks again

Default Hey

Hi,

Check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;190536

Or try repairing Internet Explorer..........type msinfo32 into Run, Ok.

Go to tools on the system information window & select Internet Explorer
    Repair Tool->choose the repair option.

Or the same thing another way. Go to the Control Panel to Add/Remove Programs and select Internet Explorer. Then tag that you want to repair it rather than remove or downgrade it and hit Ok.

Or if that doesn't work this will.
    I found that the problem is, some web pages are being displayed in 16 million colours, typical ATI software is defaulting to 32 million, some how this is causing a fault in the MACXW4.DRV. Set your display to 16 million and you wont have the a problem again. If you go to "display properties/settings/advanced/adapter you will find the macxw4.drv referenced. And go in there and try lowering your performance "hardware accelerator" first. Then see if it clears up. Or if that all out false To solve you GPF with turning your accelerator to NONE.
    Let me know if this works for you!
    Compaq,Windows XP,Internet Explorer,version 6.0.29, 128-bit,Outlook Express,version 6.00.29.