Default unusual item automatically placed on my desktop.

Hello, can you explain why i keep getting this ~ placed on my desktop with a picture of the windows logo just above it. When i try to open it it asks me what program i wish to use to open it and it gives me a choice but i dont seem to be able to open it. I dont even know what it is or why it constantly returns on my desktop.[/b]

Hallo Davodavo - It's nothing to worry about, you can just delete it. The symbol is a tilde. This little file is related to your surfing. I get them on my desktop from time to time, as others have that have posted on this site. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I have locked your other post asking the same queston.

The answer to your question is that it's a backup to your Windows Address Book. This is a known problem, for further info read http://www.pchell.com/support/tildefile.shtml .