Default um Help With RAM please??

Hi. I'm new here. I have a question: How can you earn more RAM space, or in what way can you allow your computer to support better temp memory??

You see, my "new" laptop only has 64MB RAM and a game I put on it, and am very eager to play, requires 128MB RAM. When I try playing it, it ALMOST works, just that it skips and flickers a bit. I have all ready deleted temp fils, defragmented, and scanned the drive for any errors that might efferct the RAM. I would very much appreacite ANY more suggestions or thoughts on how I may improve the RAM performance (besides paying $300 for two 64MB RAM capsules, and as the experts have all ready recommended that I don't mess with that anyway.)

Thank you very much
    Neurolanis

What is the Model Number of your Laptop? Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Where did you arrive at the figure of $300 for extra Ram? I have been to the Dell site and, assuming that your model is included in the list there, 64 stick of Ram comes in at 30 Euros. The flickering of your game may be attributable to othet things, maybe graphics card or processor speed etc. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I have deleted your Poll as I see no purpose for it. All pc's are not created equal nor are they produced in one time period ... this is to say a pc made 8 years ago may only be able to handle 64 or 128 RAM whereas today 1 gig is not uncommon.

If you want to know how much RAM your pc can handle do as galena1 asks and give us more info.

Thank you for your responses! :P Here is more info:

DELL CPi Laptop - CPi D233ST
    Model No.: PPL
    ASSY PIN: 1421c

233Mhz / 64Mb / 4.3fb

Everything you need and ready to use, just turn it on and go! Ideal for work & play. Includes great features like a fast

Intel Pentium II 233MHZ Processor,

Super bright 12" screen,

Large 4.3 GB hard drive,

Fast 64MB RAM memory to speed up applications,
    Built In USB Port,

Xircom 10/100 Ethernet and 56K Internet Modem

Windows Millennium, MS Office 97 Professional with powerpoint, front page, word, excel, access

Battary does not hold a charge.

MY GAME REQUIREMENTS:

Master of Orion 3

300 MHZ
    128 MB RAM
    8X Speed
    Video Card (800 X 600 X 6 Bit)
    Modem: 96K
    DirectX 8.1 (Comes with.)

THOUGHT:
    I was thinking. See, my game only requires 64MB RAM with Windows XP. The thing is, Windows XP requires 128MB RAM. I was thinking of buying one off E-bay and trying to install it. Do you think this a good idea?

Again, I am greatful for all responses. :wink:

It would be a waste of money, except XP would run better with more RAM.

The game requires a 300mhz, and you only have a 233. No way around this unless you can update the CPU.

4.3 Gig HD is barley enough for XP and the normal program/files that a person needs on a PC.

(How come I get the feeling this is not a legitimate copy of XP?)

Cheers

ok, ok. I was advised by someone that I should get a "Pen/Jump/Flash/Travel Drive" , if my laptop has a USB port. They claimed that it will help out my RAM. Is this true?