JT Bagwell

Default Removing CD drive

I am having issues with my CD drive. I was told to uninstall the driver and then reinstall. I already tried by going in and doing the standard uninstall but that didn't help. My friend said that you all might be able to give me a little more insight.

Thanks

JT Bagwell

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

PLease give us a few details such as operating system (XP,ME etc) and make, model.

JT Bagwell

Default sorry

Oh sorry,

My computer is an HP Pavillion (don't know all of the tech stuff) and I have windows XP.

When I put a CD in the drive it sounds similar to when a bearing is going out in something. It goes for a couple of seconds and then stops. After that I get a message saying there is no disk in the drive.

Thanks again

JT Bagwell

Take a look at this article by whoozhe about Belarc.

http://www.help2go.com/public/article125.html cheers Jim

FYI steam told me not to post the Belarc log as it has some sensitive information on it, the main thing maybe is Processor, Operating System plus any other info asked for, it will all be on the Belarc log for you to copy but not to post the whole log cheers Jim

If it making noise, you may have to actually replace the drive. A Cd rom drive is only about $20-25, a CD burner drive can be found for around $35-50. If you haven't worked on computers before, the tricky part is getting the old one out. Not really that hard, on an HP you will probably need to remove the side panel and the front bezel(the bezel is the tricky part). On some computers it isn't necessary to remove the bezel. There are usually 4 screws that hold the drive in. Remove the screws, undo the cables and slide out. Make sure you set the jumper setting on the new drive to match the old drive. Charlie