Default Problem installing HP 2355 printer, scanner, copier

About half way thru software installation get the following error message: "1904 module c:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll failed to register"

HResult 2147024891

Already talked to hp support; tried downloading latest driver from their site and install it from the c drive----same problem

took printer back to store and got another one (same model) and tried to install it ---- same problem

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi cwyndog
    You should install the software for the printer with the printer disconnected, then connect printer to your PC., have you tried that way

Regards stoney

Hi Stoney

Thanks for the reply. No we haven't tried to install the software first since that is not the sequence recommended by hp. I'm actually working on this for a friend and he just told me he gave up and returned the printer to the store and got his money back. He is shopping for a different printer.

Thanks Again and Have a Nice Holiday!

Hi if still interested take a look at link below, insert install disk first ect, your friend will find that with most best install software first

HP
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00214650

Regards Stoney

And a Happy christmas

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Don't expect any real help from HP.
    USB devices need to have their drivers installed before the device is connected.
    Canon got it right with online instuctions on when to connect the printer etc. HP, as usual, got it wrong.
    If this is a new Multi device take it back and insist on a refund.
    My thoughts on multi purpose products is well known. They do not work anywhere as well as stand alone products.
    The so called 3 in one are actually two in one. Printer and scanner. There is no photo copier. All that has been done is house a scanner and printer in the same box.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

8) i've got the same problem i can't install my all in one . the instalation stops and the same message apears: error 1904 module c:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll failed to register etc...

i'm sure that somebody got the answer of the clue, heeeeeelp me please, nevertheless i'm happy i'm not the only one...

see you
    manu

As Stoney has already suggested, have you installed the software first?
    Or are you doing so and the error still appears?Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Oldtimer

Default 1904 error - msxml4.dll failed to register

I spent some of the weekend with this error, without a good solution. Yes, the HP printer install begins WITHOUT the USB cable connected. The routine installs the USB drivers and then asks you to connect the printer, and it detects the printer successfully and moves forward to "installing additional software". The drivers for the printer are already in place and HP is forcefully installing their own document and photo handling software . When it hits this error, the HP install declares a "fatal error' and backs out EVERYTHING, including the printer drivers. I found the msxml4.dll, ran regsvr32, and successfully registered the dll, but the HP install still quit at the same point. There are other components, msxml4a and msxml4b. Maybe they are actually causing the problem. I ran out of time. You can either choose the "minimal install" which leaves off the HP "additional software" or use Task Manager to "End Task" out of the HP install when it hits this error. I chose the latter and found the printer/fax/copier/scanner to be fully functional and I could care less about the HP photo editing software. I ALSO dislike multi-function printers, but my daughter wanted one machine on her dorm desk.

Default Error1904:Module C:\Windows\System32\Msxml4.dll failed to

Clicked ok and continued with the uninstall of the unsucessful installation for the software.
    Went to the wesite "http://<font color="blue">http://tin...m/6mwpp</font> " and downloaded it to c:\windows\system32
    sucess.

regsvr32 msxml4.dll
    sucess.

downloaded the access denied utility and ran it 4 times.
    sucess.
    Downloaded msxml.msi and msxml4msms.exe and installed it on the computer.
    sucess.
    restarted the computer.

Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs:
    1)HP PSC & OJ 4.2(removed any entries for HP from there)

Start > Run > Regedit :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Deleted the HP and the Hewlett Packard folder from there.
    sucess.

Start > Run > %temp% : Emptied the folder.
    sucess.

Start > My Computer > C: > Program Files > tried to delete the Hewlett Packard folder and the HP Folder.
    sucess.
    Windows > Twain_32 > Emptied the folder.
    sucess.

Deleted the shortcuts on the desktop . Deleted the shortcuts from the Programs list . Also emptied the Recycle Bin.
    sucess.

started the installation.
    sucess.

restarted the computer and finished the software installation sucessfully.

Plugged in the device and it gave the FNH Wizard.
    sucess.

gave the fax setup wizard.
    completed it wizard.
    sucess.
    ran the test.
    sucess.

opened HP Director.
    scanned the document from the printer.
    sucess.

tried to print a document.
    sucess.

Refrences : " http://<font color="blue">http://tin...u3</a> </font>"