Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    XxEtrnlDeathXx

Default Getting my orginal icons back

Hey. i installed stylexp, so I changed some of my themes. One of the themes caused my Icons to change to something else, and i've tried some many things to get the orginal Windows XP icons back and it doesn't work. I choose the Windows XP icon pack to try to revert it back, but it changes all the icons back to its normal settings except music files (such as mp3, wav, etc) I want these to have the orginal Windows Media Player icon I use to have and not the one thats displayed now, how can I fix this?

Hi Etrnl - It's not Musicmatch icon is it? If I recall correctly it looks a bit like a blue bowling pin. I had the same problem with my 98se system and nothing would budge it except formatting. There may be another solution, but if so, I never found it. If not Musicmatch what does the icon look like. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Try out this...

Right click on a music file and click "open with-Choose program" then choose the program and check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then click OK

regards!

Apologies, I managed to completely misunderstand your post.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

xxetrnldeathxx

Quote Originally Posted by adorable_fool
    Try out this...

Right click on a music file and click "open with-Choose program" then choose the program and check the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", then click OK

regards!
    Um, thanks, but it opens with Windows Media Player, but it doesn't have the default windows media player icon. heres the screenshot below to show you how it looks like

*MP3 Files*

*Wav Files*

There isnt really a problem with this cept' the icon, so if you don't know how to restore it thats fine, I just like the windows media player icon better.

Try this - Start> My Music>Edit-Select All>Right Click one of the icons>Properties>Customize>Change Icon>Restore Defaults.
    Let us know how it goes.Regards.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Are you able to uninstall stylexp. If so, do so, then try an XP Repair (boot up with the XP disk loaded and when options are given type R). Hope this works for you.

XxEtrnlDeathXx

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Try this - Start> My Music>Edit-Select All>Right Click one of the icons>Properties>Customize>Change Icon>Restore Defaults.
    Let us know how it goes.Regards.
    Uh, when I select all of the icons in my folder, then right click it and go to properties, theres not customize option, but if you mean do

Tools > Folder Options > File Types > MP3 (or Wav) > Restore Default > it has the same effect (that same icon)

btw when i right click on them and click properties 2 top bars are there
    General, and Summary

XxEtrnlDeathXx

bump

XxEtrnlDeathXx

no fix?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast