Default Remove popping sounds from mp3

Are there any programs that will remove popping noises from mp3's and repair them? I tried JT Uncook but it was useless.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

If these are MP3 you downloaded from a P2P network such as Kazaa then you have been suckered into downloading a dummy/corrupted file placed there by the record compamies. Usually those files off the fastest download as to attract the most .
    So the question here is does this happen to other MP3 such as ones you may have ripped yourself off a CD.
    If the popping sound is occuring on all sounds then the problem is with the sound card.
    If the popping is restricted to all MP3 then the codec you are using maybe bad. Look for a current Lame codec.
    If the popping sound is restricted to downloaded mp3 then look for an alternative source.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Most of my mp3's are fine. The problem ones were downloaded from e-music (a paid service) audiogalaxy and aimster. I also have problems with a few i made myself from old vinyl albums. In total there are just 16 that need fixing out of over 2000.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You should be able to re-download the paid for ones. Complain to the source. The only possibility is that those particular songs can only be played on a certain player.
    As for the pops on the old LP's you have digitized there are a number of applications that can filter out most. The problem here is that the filter also eliminates any other sound that may share the same frequency.
    Try Audacity. It is an excellent free sound recorder with several filters.
    To do a top quality job Sonic Sound Forge is the choice.
    Here is a tip.
    If you are fortunate enough to have two copies of an LP track record both then using an audio editor you can exchenge the god and bad parts. Most seperate recordings have pops etc in dofferent places.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.