Default Juno 7 won't stay connected in a limited account

I have what seems to be a tough one to solve. I am trying to connect Juno 7 with a limited account. The error I get is: The system detected a problem in saving user preferences. I can stay connected until I hit ok on that error message. The problem with letting it go is everytime I use Juno in a limited account, I have to set up all my settings again. :roll: It appears that when I download the files requested in version 6, it upgrades me to version 7. Juno must not support Juno 6 anymore. I can connect just fine in an Administrator account. Does anyone know what setting(s) need changed?

You save "limited" account, I take this to mean the "free 10 hours a month"

Not sure what the problem is, but you can always try the "Netzero" owned by the same company and offers 10 free hours a month also.

Cheers

Try putting top priority on downloading the complete version 7 onto your hard disk. Then go and click on it to install it when you are disconnected from the Internet.

When I say limited account, I mean the limited account in Windows XP. I tried version 7 of Netzero, but the same thing happened. It is something in United Online's software that doesn't work with a limited account in Windows XP. I'm stuck here, not being able to find an answer. :? Hopefully someone can crack it.

I am not familiar with the term "limited account in XP" Are you saying that this is a "guest account" under XP ?

Cheers

Well, A Guest account is similar to a limited account. Try creating a new user account in Windows XP and it will ask you to either create a limited account or an administrator account. I haven't found a fix yet, and am still looking

jos115

I have trouble with XP user accounts (identities) too. I am glad I have gotten away from needing to try to use them. Now I try to do all that in default mode, I think. I still get confused because I tried to only have one account--administrator--but it still has me and the administrator, and i do not even know who that person is supposed to be. I am just glad that I have not been put in a insurmountable quandary by this problem.

Well, Windows XP makes an admintrator account that you will see when you boot into safe mode. The primary account usually is Owner.

jos115

Oh that seems like what it is.

jos115

I guess I will mention that I use Netzero high speed. I wonder if Juno has high speed too.