Default Program still left in task bar?

When I use a cd single that has a video on it and then go to close it, it sometimes leaves a taskbar (rectangle) icon saying start and when you click on it it just dissepears. Any idea on why this sometimes happens?

Cheers

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It's just one of those things you learn to live with. For what ever reason, when you quit a program the icon remains ... sometimes if you leave it for awhile or go onto other things (programs) it will disappear (as well as clicking on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    It's just one of those things you learn to live with. For what ever reason, when you quit a program the icon remains ... sometimes if you leave it for awhile or go onto other things (programs) it will disappear (as well as clicking on it).
    I didn't mean to start another thread because this thread had an error when I clicked submit.

As regards to the problem, I thought this was the case.

Cheers

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

What player do you use?
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Quote Originally Posted by whoozhe
    What player do you use?
    I must be quick time but now the same problem is happerning with screen savers. Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi all,

I am having this problem with two computers running Windows 98 second edition. It’s happening each time I preview any screensaver or when I view a music video from a music CD. Is there some kind of patch available to stop this or is it a graphics related issue?

Please help

Thanks all

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have come up empty on researching this, but the thought occurs to me that the problem exists with graphical programs. Perhaps the reason for the delay is that graphics are fairly large files and consequently take longer to shut down. See if there is an updated driver for your graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Have come up empty on researching this, but the thought occurs to me that the problem exists with graphical programs. Perhaps the reason for the delay is that graphics are fairly large files and consequently take longer to shut down. See if there is an updated driver for your graphics card.
    I have done a full format on one computer and checked the screensavers each time I installed something back on (software, drivers etc). I noticed the problem happenend again when I installed my external zip drive drivers/video codecs/ and a screen saver which is a modified for xp.

Could any of these be the problem do you think?

Just were are you getting these screen savers from ? Down loaded screen savers can be known for problems

Cheers

This problem has been fixed with a format and reinstall of 98 SE.