Default what is dragdiag

Can someone please tell me what dragdiag is? I am having alot of problems with slow computer lately and I heard that sometimes if you have too many things running it could slow your pc down...when I press control alt delete I have dragdiag that comes up which I am not sure I need to have running...as well I have AVGcc, enternet,systray, also how do I tell how many rams I have left? I was also told that I may have a leak in that or something, remember I am very computer stupid, but just trying to find out why things are running so slow...I have done all the spyware, sypbot defrag cleaned out temp files, cookies, run my avg...sometimes things come up real fast and then the next page takes forever...I had my internet provider test my line and it is working fine....any more suggestions????
    I am using windows 98 pent 111

Hallo DentalGal - Do you have a Alcatel modem. Apparently it refers to that although if you go here - http://www.2-spyware.com/file-dragdiag-exe.html you will see a reference to it being used to disguise nasty stuff.
    There is a scanner and removal at the above link. I've never used it so cannot comment on it. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Yes that is exactly the kind of modem I have a alcatel speed touch USB modem is what I have

Hallo DentalGal - I suggest you go here - http://www.help2go.com/article217.html
    and run the various procedures and post a HiJack Log to the H2G Detective (link to Detective is above left listed under 'Sections') and see if it shows anything bad.
    Re the slow loading of some pages - Even with the broadband connection I have some pages can take so long that I give up and move on.
    To check amount of Ram -Right Click 'My Computer>Properties>General Tab -The amount of Ram you have will be listed there, probably the last item.Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If you want to monitor how much Ram is being used at any given moment, I suggest you download a little program called Free Ram pro from here http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/download.html . After it is set up, you will see the amount of free RAM in the toolbar where your clock is (bottom rt). You can click on it an it will open and you can Auto Free some RAM if you are running low. Hope this helps.