Thread: System Restore

Default System Restore

Got ready to do a 'system restore' last night and didn't actually see that in the menu. Went to Start, Programs, Accesories, System Tools and 'System Restore' wasn't there to choose. I have Windows 98. What's up with that? Is there another way to achieve a System Restore?

Hi avaree

I'm not aware that W98 had a "system restore" feature. We have multiple systems here one of which is W98. I've checked it and, like you, can find no such facility.

You can try restarting your computer to MS-DOS then type on DOS, scanreg/restore or scanreg/? for other options. You may be able to restore from there.

If you want to restore Windows 98 from a full system backup try here..........

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187526/

Hope something here helps you. Let us know how you get on.
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

Default System Restore

I will check that out this evening. Thanks.

Hi Avaree - I think there's a'crossed wire' here. In your other post when referring to XP restore this matter related to your Dell Laptop. Is it this laptop where you are trying to install the camera? Is this the same issue you are trying to resolve as mentioned in your previous post? It helps to avoid confusion if you post all messages relating to a problem in the same thread. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default Re: System Restore

Quote Originally Posted by avaree
    Got ready to do a 'system restore' last night and didn't actually see that in the menu. Went to Start, Programs, Accesories, System Tools and 'System Restore' wasn't there to choose. I have Windows 98. What's up with that? Is there another way to achieve a System Restore?
    Sorry, Windows 98 doesn't have a system restore feature. Windows ME & XP have it...and I think Windows 2000. But defo not Windows 98.

Default System Restore

Oh, sorry, I wasn't really thinking about this being the same issue. Anyway, I will post on the original thread. Thanks again.