Default Strange Keyboard Problem...

Dear all,

Whenever I type anything on this laptop, the focus point of text entry changes to random positions in the document I'm working on. This ends with me typing in the middle of other words and sentences in the document.

This is a strange problem that I've never come across before and was wondering if anybody knew what could be going on and/or how to solve the issue?!

The laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M 1425 running Windows XP HE.

Cheers,

Eamonn

Probably just dust / dirt that has got into the keyboard membrane. You'll need to dismantle the unit and clean it out. If you're not confident about doing this youself have a competent technician do it for you.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Also, if you've noticed words suddenly appearing like someone else is typing them at random. You may want to disable the Speech Recognition software that is part fo windows XP. Also, I had this problem on my Dell Laptop, exact same thing, I would be typing a post in a forum such as this and then suddenly I'd be over writing my stuff or would start suddenly writing in teh middle of a word. All it was were my touchpad drivers.

Partieā„¢

Just updated the touchpad drivers and all is working fine now!

Cheers for you help