Default Poss to turn off a nuisance program?

Is there way to stop the Window XP computer from "suggesting" what it thinks you want when you fill in web addresses. You type one letter, and it then fills in the rest. I don't know about you, but it my case the suggestion :cry: is rarely correct.

I went to the Internet Options place and UNchecked all the boxes for automatic filling of forms and passwords. But the machine STILL refuses to stop filling them in. Is there any other place one can go to turn off this nuisance? Thanks and rgds P&J

Hallo PaulandJean - I've just tried this Open Internet Explorer then at the top Tools>Internet Options>Content Tab>Autocomplete - Check/uncheck boxes as required. It worked ok for me :? Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Yeah thanks. Already tried that as mentioned above. Checked and unchecked maybe 10 times, makes no diff. Guess it is some "registry" problem that only will be solved during a clean reinstall.