ljharrisnoATyahoo.com

Default sound blaster soundcard installation

I bought a sond blaster CT2980 sound card from an on-line dealer.When I installed it and turned my computer back on,I received on-screen prompts to down-load the drivers and operating software,but I needed the Windows 98 disc,which I did not have at home at the time.
    My computer then by-passed those prompts and returned me to original operating mode without sound.
    Since the sound card was shipped to me without installation instructions,I have been trying unsuccessfully to find out how to install the drivers,etc.
    Even the manufacturer could not find installation instructions because, the sound card is somewhat obsolete,although,I've been assured,still functional.
    Can you help?I should warn you that I am a complete novice at this stuff and I need to be instructed in kindergarten-like terms.

It would help to know what files it was looking for on the 98 CD. It may be possible to find them elsewhere, Charlie

Go here for the driver you require - http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp
    Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

windows 9x commonly requires the operating system disk when you install hardware. It doesn't automatically install *all* the files required to support that hardware on your hard drive by default. Having the drivers is great but it will still prompt you for your cd.

Your best bet is getting your hands on a windows 98 cd or as grim said, get a list of the files its asking for and download them.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone