Thread: Popup message

Default Popup message

I purchased a new computer and I was installing a network cable software. Software installation failed.
    Now every time I start my computer message pops up in the middle of the screen as follows;

Insert cdrom with the virtual truck program
    looking for file
    D:\setup.exe

OK CANCEL
    ____ _______

When I insert same cd software, it start to install and then it failled again.
    Computer is asking me for same software which can't be installed.
    I also shut down system and ther I restarted with cd disk in cdrom.
    Then when software started I hit cancel key hoping that this way I will eliminate popup message but it did not work.

If I click cancel on popup message it goes away and computer is running fine.

I tryed to remove the software but can't find any names related to cd.

I have contacted a cable company and they told me that they can't debbug my windows.

Please help

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Can we take it that apart from this message coming up the Network is working. What is the name of the program/cd?

Hallo Perky - The MS link below looks like your problem. The Virtual Truck Program, as you will see, relates specifically to what you are doing.
    Have to admit that I don't know where this VT program is, whether it is on your card software or possibly on the XP disc. Do you have the XP disc? I will try and find out where this VT program is, but thats all from me tonight. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Can we take it that apart from this message coming up the Network is working. What is the name of the program/cd?

My problem was created with cable company older disk .Cable company send me a new disk and I have installed with no problem. Now my system is working fine and now I am able to surf the web only after I click to cancel popup message.
    I do have that older disk but it can't do nothing ro eliminate popups.

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Hallo Perky - The MS link below looks like your problem. The Virtual Truck Program, as you will see, relates specifically to what you are doing.
    Have to admit that I don't know where this VT program is, whether it is on your card software or possibly on the XP disc. Do you have the XP disc? I will try and find out where this VT program is, but thats all from me tonight. Regards.
    The disk which created this problem is an older disk from cable company.
    Since that time a cable company have send new disk wich I have installed and it is OK.
    System is rinninf fine and I can surf the web only after I hit cancel on popup message which was created bt older cable company disk.
    I still have that disk but it does't do me any good because it can't eliminate popup message which it created.