Default uninstalled maybe,maybe not?

Everytime I uninstall something. I turn off my computer and turn it back on but, the program that I thought I've uninstalled still pops up.
    How do i get rid of it?

And i've also tried to start my computer in safe mode by pressing F8,but nothing happens. Is there any other way of starting my computer in safe mode?

Hello Exotic - What operating system are you using? 98,ME,XP?
    You say that you've used F8 for 'Safe Mode'. You need to keep tapping it at, say, one second intervals as soon as you switch the computer on. It may not be F8 for you, there are other options depending on your o/s.
    Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

I have windows XP.

Default Re: uninstalled maybe,maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticLelani
    Everytime I uninstall something. I turn off my computer and turn it back on but, the program that I thought I've uninstalled still pops up.
    How do i get rid of it?

And i've also tried to start my computer in safe mode by pressing F8,but nothing happens. Is there any other way of starting my computer in safe mode?

How are you going about uninstalling programs, via Add/Remove Programs?

For your 2nd question visit the link below & follow the instructions for Windows XP.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=sec_doc_nam

Yes, I clicked on add/remove programs.
    And I don't see the programs listed there anymore,so i'm thinking I've unistalled it already from that location.

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticLelani
    Yes, I clicked on add/remove programs.
    And I don't see the programs listed there anymore,so i'm thinking I've unistalled it already from that location.

Sounds like they are uninstalled to me as well, did the link I provided assist you with getting Windows XP to start in safe mode? If not let us know and we can walk you through it. HTH