Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default outlook 2002 quick problem

hi guys,

i've added a new account to outlook but it isnt displayed in the folder list to the left of the email and preview pane's. only hotmail and outlook personal folders are listed here.

I have definatly added the another email account and tested it properly but i cant access it from anywhere.

please help

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you checked the box for ' include this account when receiving e-mail or synchronizing' (Accounts>highlight account>Properties)?

im sorry canuck i cant find that option, the only place i know to change account settings is under tools\email accounts\view or change existing email accounts and that setting isnt in there.

I take it you're using Outlook Express and not Outlook .. two different animals. When you get to View or change existing accounts, highlight the account you want to check, there should be a Properties button to the rt, click on it and you should see a box to tick as mentioned above.

sorry i forgot to mention it was outlook express canuck, the thing is under tools\email accounts\view existing email accounts i highlight the account in question and to the right of it there is a change button, hitting this takes me into the accounts settings

There isnt a checkbox for including this account when recieving email or syncronization, infact there isnt any checkbox option, there's a button for more settings but going into them doesnt give any options relating to this either.

i have looked all over this damn application and i cant find any settings for displaying this new account, i remember i created another one a while back and that was displayed by default.

It's there hardeep24, Tools>Accounts>click on the account you want and on the rt side of the window there are buttons, one of which is Properties .. click that, the next window to open will have the box at bottom to check.

Hi canuck, im sure im using a different version of outlook express cause my screen looks nothing like the one you pasted.

I've attached a screenshot so if you would take a look id appreciate it, also the version of this outlook under help\about outlook tells me its outlook 2002.

one more thing canuck how do you post a snapshot directly onto this page, i can only paste it in ms word?

thanks for bearing with me.

Hallo Hardeep - Have you downloaded all relevant updates?

Also, when I clicked on your screen shot download Norton Antivirus has alerted me that it contains a malicious script.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Something is wierd here. I think you mean under help it's Outlook Express 2002 and not Outlook 2002? In order to get the latest Outlook Express you need to download the latest Internet Explorer .. see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ads/Top10.mspx . Hope this works for you. By the way, the download is fine, no warning from AVG on error.

hi guys, sorry for the confusion, canuck i've attached a screenshot of the about dialog box from outlook, take a look for yourself it says its outlook 2002, it doesnt mention express anywhere.

sorry about the file galena but it was just a word file with a screenshot (to the best of my knowledge), could you guys also let me know how to paste a screenshot directly onto this page as it would save you time having to open an attachment.

anyway one more thing to add, whenever i try to open any microsoft office applications i get "preparing to install" message, followed by error 1706, setup could not find the setup files required. when i click ok or cancel the application; word, outlook, frontpage, excel opens perfectly.

is there anyway to find out if im missing any files for office?, i assume sfc /scannow is only for os system files.

i'll try updating as you suggested canuck and if that fails i'll try reinstalling office alltogether, failing that i'll switch to linux. (joke....or is it?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast